Wednesday, 11 February 2015

The Real World Is Coming REAL fast


So it fully just occurred to me today as I was talking to my aunt on the phone and she asked me when I graduated from my post grad, that my answer was just over 2 months. Wait WHAT?! That means the real world, where I actually go into the workforce as a professional, is quickly approaching. My shock doesn't come from the feeling that I am not ready, but more so from the feeling that I feel like I blinked and I'm almost done school. All I can say is that time flies. I read a quote today that's actually quite fitting that said "the bad news is times flies, but the good news is you're the pilot". And that couldn't be more true. I also use the expression time flies and it always has this negative connotation, but that quote made me realize that we are ourselves have the control of where we give our time.

I have now been at Sheridan for just over 5 months, and I can say it has been quite the ride. I remember my first day back in September, thinking April was so far away. Now I'm sitting here in February saying how quickly the time has went. Back to the realization that I graduate in just over two months. What's next? I'm not completely sure but I have just applied for an internship at MacLAREN McCANN downtown Toronto in the Account Management department. MacLAREN McCAAN is a huge advertising agency that has been around since 1922. They have clients such as Cloud 649, MasterCard, Xbox Canada, Wendy's Canada, and General Motors, just to name drop, I mean name a few. I think this would be an amazing opportunity, and I'll find out within the next few weeks, as interviews are on march break. The other thing I loved about this agency was the fact they are multi disciplinary and that they offer a wide range of services. The ones that sparked my interest the most were the cause marketing and health and wellness marketing. I would absolutely LOVE to work in either of these departments because inspiring, helping people and fitness are my life's passions. I know I would thrive in these areas because my work would come straight from my heart and my pure love for it. Do I have a plan if this internship doesn't work out? I plan to take a couple months off and take my time to apply for jobs that I will be truly passionate about.  I truly believe in the power of positive thinking, so I'll keep my hopes high and that if it's meant to work out for me, it will.


Keeping my fingers crossed,

M

1 comment: