Wednesday, 18 February 2015

The Greatest Gif!


         You’re probably thinking I’m missing a T at the end of my title. That’s what I would have thought too if you asked me a week ago what a gif is. In my creative class, our assignment was to create an animated gif for our public service announcement assignment. A PSA about any charity or social cause we want. As soon as I was assigned this, I turned to my classmate and asked, what the hell is a gif?! Then I learned, it’s an animated banner with movement. My anxiety rose a bit, as I’m not a Photoshop wizard or anything of the sort. By the end of it, I figured it out and I must say that I’m kind of proud of my gif. I had a nice warm fuzzy feeling, the type you get when you’re bundled up by the fire with a nice cup of tea, all because I figured it out on my own. Yes, I’m giving myself props.


Now, I must tell you what social cause I chose to advertise for was. It’s more then likely that you’ll have heard about this one. I decided on picking “BellLet’s Talk”. It’s an initiative for mental health attempting to end the negative stigma associated with it and foster mental health awareness by encouraging honest and compassionate conversations about it. This topic has become some sort of taboo, nobody talks about, because they’re afraid of being different and unaccepted. It’s really important to make people aware and to let those that are suffering know that it’s okay and they don’t have to feel alone. That being said, here’s my gif…Enjoy :)










No comments:

Post a Comment